This video is part of the 2020: A Class Dismissed series. The Maine Monitor is speaking to seniors from as many Maine high schools as possible to tell the story of Maine’s Class of 2020 and how these soon-to-be graduates are dealing with the unexpected developments that come with a pandemic and a disrupted senior year. This video with Mason Parks was recorded on March 26.
Mason was interviewed on March 26, 2020. On that day, these were the top news stories in Maine:
- Department of Labor sees over 20,000 unemployment claims in Maine, up from 634 last week (From Lori Valigra of the Bangor Daily News)
- Maine CDC: 155 coronavirus cases in 11 Maine counties, including Franklin (By Christopher Burns of the Bangor Daily News)
- Maine’s testing backlog grows amid national shortage of key chemicals (By Kevin Miller and Eric Russell of the Portland Press Herald)
- Colby College in Waterville reports 5 cases of coronavirus (From Scott Monroe of the Kennebec Journal)
- Inside Maine’s largest prison, inmates watch coronavirus inch closer with sense of ‘pending doom’ (By Callie Ferguson of the Bangor Daily News)
To view more of the day’s headlines, browse our collection of the state’s best coronavirus coverage.
Check out our interactive data dashboard to explore trends in Maine’s COVID-19 cases by county, age, sex of the afflicted individuals and more in charts updated daily with data from Maine’s CDC.